It doesn’t matter if you’re talking about residential, office or commercial space – one of the features that almost always features at the top of everyone’s wish list is natural light. Seamless glass railings are a great way to let more natural light into your space. Even glass shower panels can help more light shine through.
The desire for natural light isn’t just a design trend. Most of us spend the majority of our time indoors (especially these days!). That leaves our bodies craving sunlight.
The Benefits of Natural Light
The sustainability experts at North Carolina State University Shine Light on What Natural Light Does For Your Body. “Of course using natural light instead of artificial light reduces energy consumption and lowers your electricity bill,” they say. “But did you know how important natural light is important to your productivity and overall health?”
Among other things, they say that natural light can:
- Aid your body’s ability to store vitamin D
- Enhance productivity
- Ease eye strain
- Help you get a good night’s sleep
- Give your mood a boost
Maximizing Natural Light
In discussing The Health Benefits of Natural Light, the experts at Healthline recommended a few things you can do to help shine more natural light in your space, including:
- Install mirrors. “Help light bounce around a room with a mirror …or two …or more,” they say. “Sunlight from the window can reflect against a mirror, casting more brightness between four walls.”
- Do without drapes. As Healthline points out, “Removing heavy curtains is an easy step to allowing more sun in your space.”
- Choose reflective colors. “White is the most reflective color,” they say, but emphasize that you don’t have to limit yourself.
When it comes to design trends, frameless glass balcony railings, glass stair railings and frameless glass shower doors are all very popular right now. They are also very practical. If you would like more information on how we can help more natural light shine in your life, please contact us and request a free estimate.