When it comes to making decisions about renovating the bathroom – like whether you should get install a clear glass shower enclosure or simply add glass shower panels to an existing tub and shower configuration – it is usually a woman calling the shots.
The folks at Contractor magazine reported on a survey conducted by Service Magic, saying, “Women and home-improvement contractors agree that the woman in the household is the primary decision-maker when it comes to managing home-improvement projects.”
What’s really interesting about this particular survey is the different responses from homeowners and contractors.
When they asked men, the survey found:
- 30% of them said they make the decisions.
- Only 8% admitted that women are usually the primary decision-makers.
The women, on the other hand, saw things differently, as the survey found:
- 25% of them said that women call the shots.
- Once again, a minority of 8% said their counterparts, in this case the guys, were the primary decision-makers
What about the rest of the folks surveyed?
- 65% of them said that they make decisions together.
You noticed some discrepancies between what the men and women said. But just wait until you see how the contractors responded!
Contractor magazine reports that, when the contractors that homeowners work with on their renovation projects were asked the same question, they had much different results:
- 17% of contractors said that the man makes the decisions.
- 28% of them said that the decisions are made by the couples acting as a team.
- But a whopping 55% of contractors said that woman are calling the shots.
Rodney Rice, who is the co-CEO of the company that conducted the survey – ServiceMagic, told Contractor magazine, “This is a very telling survey. There is a gap between perception and reality within the household.”
We haven’t had any real problems (maybe because it’s so easy to agree on the beauty and style of our frameless glass balcony railings and glass shower enclosures) but we have heard that some contractors get caught in the middle, when the man thinks he is making the decisions and so does the woman.
But we don’t need a survey to tell us how important women are to the success of our business. We are grateful to all the women who have chosen to install our glass shower enclosures, seamless glass railings and custom mirrors in their homes. And we encourage all of your to check in with your doctors regularly and take good care of your health.